Saturday, February 9, 2013

Movie Night, That's What The Weekends Bring

 

Alex Cross


I don't know if any of you are big James Patterson fans, but I love his style of writing and his mysteries. He has since branched out into some younger adult novels which is awesome. Who doesn't love a YA read every once in a while? Well while I was doing laundry, the hubs is watching movie previews on the Xbox. We normally rent from there because by time we return a one night rental, it normally costs us that much anyways using Blockbuster Express. He came across a movie called Cross. He asked me if I had heard of it, and I told him simply that James Patterson had a main character named Alex Cross. Low and behold, I came in the living room and there it was a movie based on a book by James Patterson. I immediately told him that was the one.
I love the books and I have watched his other movies turned from books such as Along Came A Spider and Kiss The Girls, so I was beyond happy. I enjoyed every moment of the movie and although I have not read the book that it was based off of, it was so well done it MADE me want to read the book. If you don't know, James Patterson has quite a list of books published under his belt. If I were to read every single one, I would probably not have time to read anything else!



Tyler Perry plays Cross, which shocked me a little because he normally does comedies, but he was outstanding the role of Dr. Alex Cross. He had his bad-ass moments, sad moments, serious moments.....and they were all amazing. I think he has just opened up a new genre of movie for himself by playing this role. Matthew Fox plays the serial killer, and they picked a scary looking crazy guy that was perfect for this psycho. If you don't know what he looks like this is him.....



Nice enough looking guy right? And then this is what he becomes in Cross....



Crazy! But overall, five stars and a big thumbs up to this movie that was tried and true to all the suspense that a James Patterson novel has to offer.

Next up....(totally different genre) is Here Comes The Boom




Kevin James is normally the funny man. He has some movies under his belt that you may know of such as Paul Blart and Hitch. But this movie, although funny, has a serious undertone. He is a teacher that is striving to help out a fellow teacher played by Henry Winkler (YES, the Fonz!) and joins forces with a MMA teacher to teach him how to fight. The underlying of the story is that unless the school gets 48,000 dollars then Henry Winkler's character will lose his music program and his job. Kevin James' character figures out that if he loses in enough fights that he can raise this money because yes, the losers do still get paid.

It is an amazing story with lots of twists and turns you wouldn't expect and the humor that will have you laughing! Another five stars for some gut wrenchers and for some tear jerkers!

 

Until next week or maybe even tonight ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment