Sunday, February 3, 2013

Moms Don't Get Sundays

It is a SAD and honest truth that mothers just don't get Sundays. Sunday is supposed to traditionally be the day of rest. For many mothers, however, it is the doomsday that begins another week of chores, keeping up with the kids, and cooking. Believe me, I love all these things (besides chores of course), but there comes a time when you just want to throw in the towel and say,



 

Yes, the dads of the world, if they are even in the pictures anymore, go out and make the money and they work hard, but hey don't moms do the same and not even get the moolah for doing it? We all need a day of rest. Wouldn't it be nice if it was the moms once in a while? I found myself getting up this morning at 5:30 with my four month old daughter. She was in the mood to play, so there starts my day. My four year old followed suit because how do you tell a four month old to be quiet because their brother is still sleeping.....so 6:30 hits, both kids are up, I am exhausted and my hubby is still sleeping peacefully.

I make myself my second cup of coffee and head off to the kitchen to make cinnamon rolls shortly after that because I just know in the back of my mind my son is going to say he is hungry and there needs to be something NOW! With five minutes left on the timer, the dreaded "Mommy, I am hungry." Ahhh boy, here we go. I was a good mommy and got him the rolls when they were still super hot. I was also a good spouse and let my hubby make it til 8:30 until I just had to get him up. I was gonna pass out without another adult to keep me awake.

 

Now where is he now? Sleeping on the couch. Oh well, to here is to another Sunday of moms not getting a day of rest...

and dishes and laundry are calling my name because those things tend to multiply over night somehow!

7 comments: