Friday, February 15, 2013

How did this Valentine's Day compare with Valentine's days of years past? #NaBloPoMo

Picture 39

My daughter, Rachel, would be how this Valentine's Day was different than last year. Not only did the hubs have one woman to come home to but now he had two!! I sent him a sweet text saying he had two curly haired blue eyed ladies waiting for him at home. He loved the fact that he now has a daughter that he will now be able to spoil with pretties on Valentine's. Not this year because she is still so young, but I am so happy to see that side of my hubs come out.

It didn't bother us that we couldn't go out as a family for Valentine's. We normally go and  take our son with us who is now 4 (about to be 5 in April!) . My hubs didn't get home until later than we expected last night and so we decided to stay in. It was not unlike any other night in our household. Family routine. Kids baths and changing and bed times. Then it was time for us to be alone.

It was nice just to have some time without someone crying or saying "Mommy!" for a couple hours before we went to bed. This Valentine's was different because there were no extravagant plans and we did not buy expensive gifts. We even shared my chocolates that he bought for me. It was just nice and simple.

 

1 comment: