Monday, February 18, 2013

What is the most romantic book you've ever read? #NaBloPoMo

I don't think that there is quite one book that takes the cake when it comes to romances. I have read so many by Nicholas Sparks that it is hard to pick just one, so I will put the covers from GoodReads of my favs below!



The Notebook is definitely my all time favorite and as you could see from my previous post also my favorite romantic movie as well. There is just something about this timeless classic that makes it into a read over and over again, and I can never get over the movie. It makes me happy, sad, and mad all at the same time.



This is another timeless tale that has been made into a movie. I remember watching this when I was in middle school. I never even knew back then that it was book, and so when I got my hands on the book, I just knew I had to read it. Once I did, I never looked at the movie the same way again. It's another of those fighting for the lovers books. It tears my heart up every time and I already know what is going to happen at the end.



Dear John is one of those that you are fighting for the man in the book. Most of the time it is the woman that is getting her heart broken, but in this case it is the man, John. He has his heart set on his true love and when he returns from duty finds her already married. He is heartbroken and still believes that she is the one for him. This is a must read if you want your heart tugged a little and you want to fight for a character in your mind that deserves the love that he truly wants.



The Last Song I have heard was written for Miley Cyrus, who plays "Ronnie" in the movie version. It is all about a girl fighting for her dreams and wanting to be herself. She then has a huge shock when she finds a truly astonishing thing out about her father. I will not spoil it for those who have neither read it or seen the movie. It is a true tale about love between parents and children.



I saved The Lucky One for last because it ranks right up there with my favorite along with the notebook. I fell in love with the character of Logan Thibault. He is such a down to earth man who asks for nothing. He found a picture while based in Iraq and he feels that the woman in the picture somehow saved him from a tragic incident. He embarks on a journey to find her and once he does realizes that he does love her, he keeps the picture a secret. He is afraid it will tear them apart if she finds out how he came upon her.


I have yet to see the movie version of this one but I am sure I will love it just like I have all the other film adaptations of Nicholas Sparks novels. There are still plenty more that I want to read that he has written.


If you have not read any of these, make sure that you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment