Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Starlooks February Box

I had never gotten a Starlooks box before. I had the opportunity to try out the Lauren Clark box from February. I have to admit, I wear makeup, but I am more of a nudes type of gal. When I opened the box and everything was pink, I was not quite sure how these would go with my skin tone.Picture 53

 

This is what the box looked like when I got it and it was something to behold. I have always bought my makeup at the drugstore and so now that I was looking at a special edition Lauren Clark Starlooks box, I was ecstatic. The monthly subscription  is $15, but as you can see in the picture below, this was one is retailed at $41 worth of products. You really are getting your money worth even with the $1.98 shipping.

Picture 54

 

The first thing that I pulled out was the Infinity Liner. I had never seen anything quite like it. It is waterproof and can be used on the top or bottom lid to give you an extra pop of color underneath your shadow or can be used as a full base by itself. If you were to use a silver eye shadow you could just put this in the corners to give an accent of color. It is a very versatile product that I can see myself using a lot!

Picture 55

 

The next one that I pulled out was the HD Fluid Blush. The only time I have ever really worn blush was when I did dance recitals. I never really saw the need to look flushed all the time with a pink powder. This, however, is a beautiful shade and goes on fluid. I love that it is not a powder and that it can be blended into your skin. It looks very natural and could be worn every day without a second glance as to why you were wearing blush.

Picture 56

 

The gloss is called Pink Oasis but is more on the purple side. Still a really pretty shade and it went on with a shimmer. I would wear this when I needed a little pop of color on my lips or perhaps a little sparkle on a night out.

Picture 57

 

My favorite that went on the smoothest and was a bold color was the Lauren Clark signature lip liner in Tipsy. I have never used lip liner so this was something new for me to play around with and try out. I really did like the way that it held the glosses that I tried with it in place. It was very easy to apply even for someone who does not use it every day.

Picture 58

 

Here is what the colors look like of everything. From top to bottom, it is exactly how they are listed here. Even though I have never really been a fan of pinks on me, this Starlooks box changed my mind! I love all the products that were in it and it is such a great value. If you are a makeup girl just like I am but haven't taken many chances outside of your comfort soon, I urge you to give the subscription to Starlooks a try. You won't be disappointed.

Picture 59

I really liked this box, and I will be interested to see what are in future boxes considering this was my first one. Be sure to let me know what you think and if you would ever give Starlooks a try?

 

13 comments: