Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Do you think it's better to play it safe or to take risks?

Ever since my move this week, I have been so far behind on blogging about anything! I wanted to take the chance and address this because it definitely falls into my life right about now. My hubs and I were living with our kids in a family owned home. We really didn't have to pay any rent and all we had to worry about was ourselves and getting the kids what they needed. We made the decision after I picked up a part time job that we needed to move closer to that and his already 45-minute away full time job. For those of you who do not know location we are now centrally located in Chesapeake between his job and mine. It takes us each about 10-15 minutes to get to work. The neighborhood is not bad and we are finally in a place where we are on our own.

You might be asking how this deals with risks or playing it safe.....

We went from zero rent and utilities to $750 rent and now we have to pay electricity and water. We already paid our cable and cell service at the other home, but still this is scary with having two kids! Before the other home we were paying our way but with just one child and were struggling. That is when the family owned home was offered to us to help us save some moolah.

I am definitely scared of doing the rent thing again. I would hate to be in over our heads. I think with enough money and planning we can do this. With my little PT job going into savings, we will only have to put in 150 from his checks to make rent. The rest is up to him to pay from his checks. We have no idea what the usage costs will be for the new place and so we can not exactly budget until we see the first bill. Also a huge scary risk when trying to buy groceries and household items. You don't want to spend too much and then be behind on the other bills.

To anyone that has not made it out on their own yet or is about to make a move......weigh the pros and cons and sometimes it is better to just take the risk than to play it safe!!

NaBloPoMo March 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment