Friday, March 22, 2013

Ahhh! My daughter is 6 months old. Where does the time go?

I remember when I brought her home from the hospital and she was just so tiny. She still is tiny compared to other babies her age, but we would not have it any other way. My son tells me on a daily basis how big his sissy is getting and it breaks my heart. She now is eating solids and loves bananas and peaches the most. Back when my son was just starting out he loved bananas and sweet potatoes. My daughter is not much into the vegetable world and so this week we will be introducing mangos to her. I never fed my son this because he only acted interested in bananas, sweet potatoes and the occasional squash.

Our food of choice is Beechnut. It is a great price and doesn't break the bank to get her all the varieties that she wants to be eating. There are so many food schedules out there and when to introduce this and that. With my son, it was a no brainer. We just were like brain washed zombies that did everything that the doctor told us to and when they told us to do it. With our daughter, we have decided to be a little more open minded and let her guide us into what she wants to be eating. She is only about 12-13 pounds and so we figured rice cereal would help her. She absolutely hates it! No matter what I put in the cereal fruit wise, whether it has milk or water mix....she just hates it. My son drank his in his bottle only before he went to bed when he was younger. We decided not to do this with our daughter.

Our regular routine with her is that she gets about 6 oz of formula in the morning from 6-9 AM. From then on it is breakfast (which I  try cereal but I find I am just wasting the fruit that she would eat if it were by itself)...so we have stuck to about 3 oz of fruit in the morning. More bottle in mid morning between 10-12. Then she will eat another fruit for lunch. I try to save the vegetables for at night because they weigh the heaviest on her. She tends to drink a few bottles in the afternoon after lunch and then eats her veggie for dinner. One more bottle does her in for the night but she occasionally wakes up between 1 and 3 in the morning because she wants something else to drink. I don't mind it because she holds her bottle in her crib and I use it as time to fold laundry or something until I take it back from her.

My hubs has yet to get up with her in the middle of the night since she was born and he is scared to feed her baby food because she is so tiny. He just watches me do it and laughs with her when she makes messes. I can't say he is not involved with making bottles and changing diapers, but I have to get him over the baby food thing especially since I recently went back to work and have to work on weekends sometimes. I do not know how to get him over his fear because he did not have this with our son when he was this age.

I am open to suggestions about the cereal problem, the hubs not wanting to feed her baby food (scared not unwilling), and for any feeding schedule or fav food your little one may have!

 

7 comments: