Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Call of Duty (my mini addiction)

Okay, it's not what you think! I don't play Call of Duty but I love to watch my hubby play. I have been an avid fan of watching him ever since Modern Warfare 2 came out. He was really good and in a clan and it was just fun to sit back and watch him kill people. Does that sound sadistic? I sure hope not. We used to stay up until the wee hours of the night waiting for him to get the nuke in Modern Warfare 2. Yes, it was epic. If you got 25 kills without dying you could call in a nuke that would completely wipe out everyone in the match you were playing. Game over, and you were a boss.



Then on came Call of Duty Black Ops. I have to say we pre-ordered this one and my hubs went and waited for it at our local WalMart because Amazon messed up and said our order didn't go through...two days before release! That was not going to stop my hubby from being able to have that game in his hands at midnight when it was released. Zombies was back and him and his friends would basically crack out on this. It was not until this game that I truly understood what the game of Zombies was all about. Mind you, I could never play like he does and he would just get frustrated with me for even trying. Let's just say that I never played when I was younger and my parents never even bought us a gaming console. They had two girls. They thought what the heck they have barbies!

 



 

Zombies and the Easter eggs and the goals were what drew me in and I would stay up until I couldn't anymore watching this happen. It was awesome when him and his friends finally accomplished what seemed unfeasible!

Then like they couldn't come out with anymore...here came Call of Duty Elite. We didn't get the Elite edition with Black Ops because we were not quite sure what that meant. In all what it comes down to is you get Elite and you can have your own clan. You do clan ops and earn points for playing or ranking and they can be redeemed for prizes. Pretty awesome!



You also were the first to be able to get the new map packs when they came out and they were "free". Meaning you did not have to pay per map pack and you would be saving money. We looked at it as an investment. Elite member here we came!

Then as if Black Ops never happened, here we were faced with Modern Warfare 4. This one didn't get played as much because since made by two different companies switching every year the game play was just plain different. Of course, it still got played and eventually gotten used to but.....

I knew all he was waiting for was Black Ops 2!

So now it is finally here and the first map pack just dropped Tuesday. Believe me, that's what has been taking over our house since....



My four year old son even knows what the game play of Zombies is.....he knows the terminology of the game......he is just as much of a watching addict as I am!
The new map pack is pretty awesome that just came out called Revolution. The best part about this is that the Zombies mode is absolutely crazy on Die Rise. There are all sorts of elevator shafts you can fall down or you can be squished if you are on top of the elevator and it gets to the top floor (hubby found this out the hard way last night!)

 




And probably the best thing they did was come out with a gameplay called turned. One person is human. The other people playing are zombies. Whoever lasts the longest as human wins. You can either find an anecdote or kill the human and become a human. Pretty intense and fast paced. Looks so fun. I will never play games but I think I will watch them until the day my hubs decides to give them up.

But honestly.....
I think this will be him and his friends....



So here's to those that love to play the game, and those that just simply like to watch! Happy playing :) Let Call of Duty bring happiness to gamers everywhere!

6 comments: